Reblog if you enjoy theatre.
Any straight play.
If there is a single one you like, reblog.
that everyone secretly loves theater
↳ The Princess Bride (1987)
"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
|Tim McGraw:||The name of my first summer love.|
|Picture To Burn:||Someone who's picture I'd like to burn|
|Teardrops On My Guitar:||The last time I cried during a song|
|A Place In This World:||The Place I'd like to live the most|
|Cold As You:||The worst rejection I've ever gotten.|
|The Outside:||When did I feel most alone?|
|Tied Together With A Smile:||Who is the strongest person I know?|
|Stay Beautiful:||Who is the most beautiful person I know?|
|Mary's Song (Oh My My My):||The name of my first crush|
|Our Song:||A song that means a lot to me.|
|I'm Only Me When I'm With You:||A person I can be myself with|
|Invisible:||An awkward confession.|
|A Perfectly Good Heart:||I'll tell you something sweet about your blog.|
|Fearless:||My biggest fear.|
|Fifteen:||A memory from when I was fifteen|
|Love Story:||A story about something romantic that happened to me.|
|Hey Stephen:||The name of my crush|
|White Horse:||Have I ever been in love with someone who was taken?|
|You Belong With Me:||Which celebrity shoyld see, they belong with me?|
|Breathe:||Something I can't breathe without|
|Tell Me Why:||A question of mine that has yet to be answered.|
|You're Not Sorry:||Something I'm sorry for?|
|Forever & Always:||What do I wish to have forever and always?|
|The Best Day:||What was the best day so far?|
|Change:||What do I want to change about myself?|
|Jump Then Fall:||Who's laugh is the best sound I have ever heard?|
|Untouchable:||My biggest dream|
|Come In With The Rain:||My favourite kind of weather.|
|The Other Side Of The Door:||The last person I fought with|
|Mine:||The best thing that's ever been mine|
|Sparks Fly:||Who captivates my like a fireworkshow?|
|Back To December:||If I could go back in time, where would I go?|
|Speak Now:||*Insert any question here*|
|Dear John:||Something I wanna say to my exboyfriend/girlfriend/crush|
|Mean:||The meanest thing someone has ever said to me.|
|The Story Of Us:||Tell a story about someone you know|
|Never Grow Up:||A memory about growing up|
|Enchanted:||Someone who enchants me.|
|Better Than Revenge:||Someone you want to teach a lesson|
|Innocent:||How easily do I forgive?|
|Haunted:||A memory that haunts me.|
|Last kiss:||The last person I kissed/wanted to kiss.|
|Long Live:||Who will I remember forever?|
|Ours:||Who has a pretty little mind?|
|If This Was A Movie:||If my life was a movie, who would play me?|
|Superman; If I had any superpower, what would it be?|
|State Of Grace:||Who is my achilles' heel?|
|Red:||Someone I just can't forget.|
|Treacherous:||The most dangerous thing I have ever done|
|I Knew You Were Trouble:||The last time I got in trouble|
|All Too Well:||Something someone said, I remember all too well|
|22:||My best birthday ever.|
|I almost do:||How often do I doubt myself?|
|We Are Never Ever Getting Together:||A couple you wish would get back together|
|Stay Stay Stay:||Someone you can depend on|
|The Last Time:||The Last Time I....*insert something here*|
|Holy Ground:||I don't wanna dance, if I'm not dancing with....|
|Sad Beautiful Tragic:||Something that makes me sad|
|The Lucky One:||My biggest dream|
|Everything Has Changed:||Something that has changed about me|
|Starlight:||The most marvelous tune|
|Begin Again:||What would I do again and again?|
|The Moment I Knew:||The moment I knew...*insert something here*|
|Come Back...Be Here:||Someone I miss|
|Girl at Home:||Have I ever cheated on someone?|
|^This is actually pretty cool|
Favorite People » Audra McDonald❞ I was a little a girl with a potbelly and afro puffs, hyperactive and overdramatic. And I found the theater and I found my home. And I found a place to express myself and I was so grateful, even at the age of nine”
HI SWEETLING ok by now im an expert at moving in and out of dorms and student housing and ive had plenty of hard knocks and learning experiences since i started college so ; ;; hopefully i can aid u a lil
things you NEED to bring
- MEDICINE. cold medicine, allergy medicine, even vitamins. excessive amounts. if you think you’re bringing too much medicine you’re probably not. get it at home, stock up where it’s cheap. you know what’s worse than having an extra bottle of medicine in your cabinet? it being 2am at finals week and being so sick and desperate you have to spend 8 dollars at the dorm convenience store for a packet with 2 pills of nyquil. college stores know how crucial medicine is and take advantage (plus if you have roomies it might mean the world to them if you can spare some robitussin when they have a huge exam the next morning and dont get paid until the next week. )
- on that note? a FULL med kit. bring tons of bandaids, bring triple antibiotic ointment, bring that weird package of huge pieces of gauze that your mom keeps shoving at you for reasons you dont understand. again, it might seem excessive before you move out, but youd be amazed the REALLY BIZARRE SHIT that seems to happen at college and you want to be prepared. not all universities have free infirmaries on campus and if something happens you want to be prepared.
- water water water water water WATER SO MUCH water i know im super serious about this (considering i live in florida and my university has like 60,000 students and is huge so i have to walk everywhere in 100 degree heat) but even if you’re not living in the pits of hell like i am, STAYING HYDRATED IN COLLEGE IS SO IMPORTANT. if you want the most convenient option, instead of buying cases, get a brita filter for your fridge/minifridge and for when you’re on the go, invest in a water bottle that has a filter (brita makes those too, they’re pretty inexpensive, and university water fountains are… suspicious at best. ensure you have a constant supply of clean water this way) do not forget to stop drinking water. drink while youre studying, while youre out partying, always always stay hydrated. i must seem like a nagging mom but you’ll see how much a difference staying hydrated makes when youve slept 4 hours in 3 days.
- clothes for all weather! now in a dorm you have to be a bit space efficient but always have at least one reliable rain coat, winter coat, scarf, pair of gloves, rainboots, etc. you dont want to be that one person we always ache for during a downpour who didnt have an umbrella who walks into class dripping water.
- SHOWER SHOES get a pair of dollar store flip flops or two because dorm showers are GROSS and you really dont want to put your newly clean feet in… whatever’s lingering in there ; - ;
- i recommend one of those really cheap small plug-in hot pots. they’re kind of all purpose (boil water for tea or that late night cup of instant coffee that you might need, or if you’re really desperate and craft, you can use it to heat up, well, literally anything. pasta, soup, you name it. just make sure you clean it when youre done or it gets icky)
- always make sure you have one thing with you that is a comfort for you, a tether. it might be a super soft blanket you like or a little stuffed animal you had since you were 5 or maybe a scrapbook full of memories, a candle with a scent you like (if youre in housing that allows them) ANYTHING. college can be stressful. never feel guilty about keeping that tether with you, that thing that can remind you that whatever bad might happen, be it finals panic or a breakup or just a rough week, it will pass. you’ve made it this far and you’ll make it farther. comfort does not been to be a guilty pleasure.
- bring so much toilet paper. i promise you. you dont want to use that the school supplies. you really, really, really dont.
- CLEANING SUPPLES bleach and windex and anything you use to clean seriously you’d be amazed how few college freshmen bother with cleaning supplies?? do you know how hard that makes it when your roommate throws up in the kitchen at 4 in the morning after a night at their frat house of choice?? better safe than sorry
- a small sewing kit. you can find them at the dollar store. keep it with you always, in your backpack/purse/laptop case whatever. trust me on that. you WILL need it at some point and you’ll be so glad.
- i can keep going but seriously as far as im concerned those are always the most crucial
now listen, if there’s one thing i say that sticks with you, let it be this- do not let anyone else determine how you spend these years. stay up all night watching netflix and eating chips instead of studying if you feel like you’re fraying- in the end, there will be more exams but there’s only one you and if you really need it, it’s okay to flunk once instead of pushing yourself to a breaking limit. flirt with that cutie at the party who’s been eyeing you. flirt with 7 of them if it makes you happy, and if anyone looks at you judgingly, don’t worry about them.
feel comfortable saying no to the party. its okay not to party. feel comfortable taking those 7 shots if that’s what you want to do. just make sure you hydrate and eat so you dont get sick. this time is for you. sleep with anyone you want as long as it’s safe and consensual. sleep with no one. this time is for you. stay up until 4 am every night. dont be afraid of your roommates laughing at you for going to bed at 9. this time is for you. if getting that tattoo or piercing will make you happy, will make you feel more you, help you really feel like you’re claiming your body, get it. this is your time. go on that roadtrip that your friend called you to come on at 2 in the morning even if you only make it two states over and sleep in the backseat and eat nothing but powdered donuts and mcdonalds. this is for you. do not let a single person tell you HOW TO LIVE THIS TIME because it’s truly like no other time in your life.
college is your time to be who you truly want to be instead of fearing those around you. be as brave as you know you are, as i know you are. always wanted to play that sport but never dared back home? DO IT. join the archery team even if you’re horrible at it. sit in on a meeting at a tabletop gaming club- maybe you never go back, maybe you fall in love. go to a movie screening of a russian movie even if you dont know russian, and just listen to the language, absorb its unique cadences, piece together the story by image alone. sing along to the overused pop song in that random flash mob that started in the plaza with no shame, no embarassment- be a part of something unique and silly and random without hesitation. sing in your car with the windows rolled down to your favorite songs, no matter how anyone looks at you, because it’ll make you feel like your heart has wings and has taken off and there’s no better feeling.
if you start to feel like what you’re studying isnt your passion, dont feel obligated to keep studying it. this is the only time in your life where it’ll be easy to change your path. follow what you love. follow what will drive you. follow what will make you wake up with a smile in the morning.
dont hate yourself for failing that test, or two, or three. there will be more. everything is a learning experience. you can always do better. don’t beat yourself up when things dont go as expected- you can always change your future.
ask people about their stories- college is the best place to truly hear the tales of the world, from people from all walks of life. truly listen to people. ask them. ask them anything. ask them what their childhood home was like. ask them what their hobbies are. ask them their favorite song, book, movie. learn. open up your world. open up your soul. be a part of a bigger community.
the best thing about college is the knowledge that you are now part of a nation, a group of people who, no matter where they’re from or what language they speak or how rich or not they are or what gender or sexuality they are, have this thing in common. you’re all bound by something, now.
i used to laugh at people who seemed to have such excessive pride in their school, waving the flags and painting their bodies in the color. but the sense of unity you achieve in a college campus really is like nothing else. this is the only time in your life you’ll be bound to thousands of people in this way. take advantage of it.
this time is for you. never let yourself feel like you wasted a single moment of it.
- The Remains of the Day- Kazuo Ishiguro
“Indeed — why should I not admit it? — in that moment, my heart was breaking.”- Stevens
- Gone with the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
“If I said I was madly in love with you you’d know I was lying.”- Scarlett O’Hara
- A Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickens
Reblog this if you reblog any of these and I’ll check your’s out…
-Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
-Pride and Prejudice
-North and South
-Larkrise to Candleford
-Phantom of the Opera